Skip to main content

Undergraduate Forms 

Quick Links

Major & Minor Planning Sheets


Also see: College and Major Four Year Planner


Undergraduate Petition

Undergraduate Petitions must be submitted for:

  • Transfer Coursework
  • Study Abroad Coursework
  • Apply a Pre-Approved course toward your degree requirements
  • Petitioning a course that has not been pre-approved

Obtain course pre-approval (recommended):

Submit a pre-approval petition to obtain permission to take a course not listed on the approved course list. 

Note: Pre-approval does not guarantee approval, but the advisors can provide you with guidance on course content and the likelihood that the course will be accepted.

You will be notified via the Virtual Advising Center once your request has been reviewed (please allow 2 weeks before contacting the advisor).

Upon completion of the course, submit ONE of the following petitions:

(Wait until the course has been posted to your academic history.)

    • Include the course # (as it appears on TritonLink), the course title, # of units, grade received, quarter/semester the course was taken, the University in which you were enrolled, and specify the requirement you want to apply the course toward (e.g. Fulfill Global Health Major Elective Requirement). Please also sign and date the petition. Submit completed petition(s) & syllabus to the Global Health Advisor (The paper form can be scanned and sent via email ( or dropped off in the GHP Office).
  • For courses accepted by petition (*):
    • Courses that are accepted “by petition”, indicated with an asterisk (*) will not automatically show up on your degree audit. Send a message through the VAC requesting the following:   "Please accept _____________, a Global Health Pre-Approved Course, towards _______________ requirements for my Global Health ___________ (Major/Minor)."

GLBH 198/199 Special Studies Form

GLBH 198/199 Special Studies Form 
  • Must be taken for a letter grade; pass grades are not accepted. Must complete form, with faculty signature to bring to a department advisor. Once the Department approves, you will turn in the form to the Registrar's Office. Effective SP16 can be taken twice to fulfill two Global Health requirements.

Double Major Petition Form

Double Major Petition form
  • Please note you may only declare a double major once you have completed 90 UC units (junior standing) and have no more than 135 completed units. You must also have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
  • Once you complete the form:

Pre-approval Requests

Conference Funding Request Form

The Global Health Program encourages outstanding Global Health students to present their research papers and projects at educational and professional conferences. We may be able to provide some financial support to students who are traveling to present.

Application Details:

  • Applicants must be current UC San Diego Global Health students at the time of the conference/event attendance
  • Applicants must provide proof that the paper/project has been accepted by the conference 
  • Applicants must apply for, and be approved for funding before attending the conference
  • Students must complete the Conference Funding Request Application

*Please note that funding will be awarded via reimbursement; receipts must be submitted to the Global Health Program after the applicant attends the conference.

Photo Release Form

If you will be submitting pictures for the Global Health website or Facebook page, please have all participants in your pictures complete the UCSD photo release form.