Global Health students may send questions through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC), stop in during walk-in advising hours (Tuesday or Thursday from 8:30a-11:30a) or schedule an appointment (see details below).
Academic advising at UC San Diego is shared by two sets of advisors - College and Major Advisors.
Your college advisor will provide you with general academic support, assist you with questions that you may have regarding college general education requirements, university requirements, IGETC and TAG, writing courses, graduation, and policy questions. Your Global Health Major Academic Advisor is available to provide advice and answers to questions about the Undergraduate Program in Global Health.
Who should I see?
|College Advisor||Major/Minor Advisor|
Contacting your advisor:
- Current GHP majors, minors and all other UCSD students: Please submit all questions via the VAC. An advisor will respond to you within 1-3 business days.
- Freshman and newly admitted transfer students: Please contact the Undergraduate Advisor via “Online Advising” at http://newstudent.ucsd.edu
- Prospecitve Students: Please contact GHP advisor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment outside of walk-in hours:
- Email: email@example.com
- Include: Name, PID, Brief Description & 3 appointment times that work for you.
- Possible appointment times: Monday - Thursday, 8:30a-11:30a, 1:00p-3:30p
- Prior to your appointment please review the Major and Minor pages, as well as new student resources.
Please note we don't schedule appointments during walk-in advising hours.
For Career Advising
1. Visit First Steps to get started.
2. Review the Global Health Study Abroad Page.
2. Schedule an appointment with Global Health Study Abroad Advisors in the Study Abroad UC San Diego Office.
The Global Health Program Advising Office is located in Eleanor Roosevelt College in the Social Science Building (near the Supercomputer Center and RIMAC).
We're on the 2nd floor in the Anthropology Administration Office (near the Supercomputer Center and RIMAC)
- View Customized Google Map to the GHP Advising office
- View driving directions from freeways and parking structures