Global Health students may send questions through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC), stop in during walk-in advising hours or schedule an appointment.
Global Health Walk-In Advising Hours
Academic advising at UC San Diego is shared by two sets of advisors - College and Major Advisors.
Your college advisor will provide you with general academic support, assist you with questions that you may have regarding college general education requirements, university requirements, IGETC and TAG, writing courses, graduation, and policy questions. Your Global Health Major Academic Advisor is available to provide advice and answers to questions about the Undergraduate Program in Global Health
Contacting your advisor:
- Current GHP majors, minors and all other UCSD students: Please submit all questions via the VAC. An advisor will respond to you within 1-3 business days.
- Freshman and newly admitted transfer students: Please contact the Undergraduate Advisor via “Online Advising” at http://newstudent.ucsd.edu
- Prospecitve Students: Please contact GHP advisor through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment outside of walk-in hours:
For Career Advising (including pre-med advising):
Schedule an appointment with UCSD Career Services.
Review the Global Health Careers page.
1. Visit First Steps to get started.
2. Schedule an appointment with Global Health Study Abroad Advisors in the Study Abroad UC San Diego Office.