UC San Diego Global Health Program (B.A.)Global health is at once an increasingly popular new field of study, an urgent social concern, and a powerful interdisciplinary intellectual synthesis aimed at understanding and productively intervening in processes of health, illness, and healing across the globe. This program is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of factors related to illness, health, and healing from a comparative and interdisciplinary perspective that transcends national borders and regional interests, and takes cultural difference and cross-cultural diversity fully into account.
For more specific information please view:
- Major Information
- The Global Health major consists of a total of 17 courses. This includes 10 required core courses, a Global Health Field Experience component and 7 required electives.
- All courses applied to the major must receive a letter grade of C- or better.
- Minor Information
- The Global Health minor consists of 7 courses, at least 5 courses/20 units of which must be upper division.
- All courses applied to the minor must receive a letter grade of C- or better.
- Field Experience
- All Global Health majors and minors (optional) will participate in a Global Health Field Experience at a research, volunteer or clinical site either in the United States or abroad.