- Global Health Major Degree Check (fillable pdf)
Undergraduate Petitions must be submitted for:
- Transfer Coursework
- Study Abroad Coursework
- Apply a Pre-Approved course towards your degree requirements
- Petitioning a course that has not been pre-approved
Obtain course pre-approval (recommended):
Submit a pre-approval petition to obtain permission to take a course not listed on the approved course list.
Note: Pre-approval does not guarantee approval, but the advisors are able to provide you with guidance on course content and the likelihood that the course will be accepted.
You will be notified via the Virtual Advising Center once your request has been reviewed (please allow 2 weeks before contacting advisor).
Upon completion of the course, submit ONE of the following petitions:
(Wait until the course has posted to your academic history.)
- Submit an Online Petition Request
- Submit an Undergraduate Student Petition (paper form)
- Include the course # (as it appears on TritonLink), course title, # of units, grade received, quarter/semester the course was taken, the University in which you were enrolled and specify the requirement you want to apply the course toward (e.g. Fulfill Global Health Major Elective Requirement). Please also sign and date the petition. Submit completed petition(s) & syllabus to the Global Health Advisor (The paper form can be scanned and sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropped off in the GHP Office).
- For courses accepted by petition (*):
- Courses that are accepted “by petition”, indicated with an asterisk (*) will not automatically show up on your degree audit. Send a message through the VAC requesting the following: "Please accept _____________, a Global Health Pre-Approved Course, towards _______________ requirements for my Global Health ___________ (Major/Minor)."
- Must be taken for a letter grade; pass grades are not accepted. Must complete form, with faculty signature to bring to department advisor. Once the Department approves, you will turn to the form into the Registrars Office. Effective SP16, can be taken twice to fulfill two Global Health requirements.
- Please note you may only declare a double major once you have completed 90 UC units (junior standing) and have no more than 135 completed units. You must also have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Once you complete the form:
The Global Health Program encourages outstanding Global Health students to present their research papers and projects at educational and professional conferences. We may be able to provide some financial support to students who are travelling to present.
- Applicants must be current UC San Diego Global Health students at the time of the conference/event attendance
- Applicants must provide proof that the paper/project has been accepted by the conference
- Applicants must apply for, and be approved for funding before attending the conference
- Students must complete the Conference Funding Request Application
*Please note that funding will be awarded via reimbursement; receipts must be submitted to the Global Health Program after the applicant attends the conference.
If you will be submitting pictures for the Global Health website or Facebook page, please have all participants in your pictures complete the UCSD photo release form.